Ok im a little new at surfing so i have a question?

Ok im a little new at surfing so i have a question?

michael.shakin
I notice every time i look at the surf report it shows me stuff about the bouys! what is that all about..... try to keep it english please haha im not a rocket scientist!

thanks!

Re: Ok im a little new at surfing so i have a question?

ItsNotPhatItsObese
Sorry it took so long we were on a surfing trip.

Essentially it's a way to gauge the swell before it reaches the shore. If it's breaking a certain height and direction it helps you predict where the surf will be better or of what quality it will be. Every buoy vs. shore relationship is different though, so you kind of half to feel it out based on distance from shore etc. etc.

Any specific buoy you're looking at?

Re: Ok im a little new at surfing so i have a question?

michael.shakin
No, i was just wondering! thanks a lot! You told me everything I needed to know!!