need help!!!!!

cadds182
I need some help on a board recommendation. I'm looking to make the transition from a long board to a short board.....i'm looking for the best short board to take out around jp luby or galveston. Granted, i know the texas coast is more consistent for longboarding...but when it's good, what is the best short board to take out?? I'm 6'2" 200-205 and i'm looking at the m13 or the big willy by channel island....possibly between 7'8"-8" range. any other suggestions on these or other boards is greatly appreciated!!!

Re: need help!!!!!

TX Surf
Administrator
I find typically it's better to go with a Texas based shaper as they know and build for our waves.  Mike Doyle customs, Senator are 2 brands and many of the shops like Surfhouse, The surfshop or John at Underground on the upper coast or Covered Up in CC are places you could get more info from.  See our ads for links to surfhouse and the surf shop.